Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Rosie, I bought a house!"

Haha, I love that movie (Win a Date with Tad Hamilton, for those of you who don't know). But the line is not totally accurate. We are actually in the process of buying a 2.56 acre lot in Safford, AZ for our house that we are going to BUILD! I am excited for a lot of reasons: we will be close to Josh's Aunt Kathleen and her family (they are awesome), we will also be close to a temple when it's completed, as well as a Wal-Mart, grocery stores, Home Depot, and other modern shopping places that are two hours away from Ajo. Well, we do have a grocery store in Ajo, but it's kind of pricey since there's no competition. Also,the weather is cooler over there, there are lots of mormons (which means we won't be in a branch or tiny ward like Ajo), the list goes on and on.
Anyway, it's going to be great, and we will be able to build the house we want for the same amount of money we were looking at spending on an already built home. We really like the builder too. He built Kathleen's home and they really liked him, so we have a good reference and Josh met with him this week and also liked him. Plus, ever since we made this decision, I have not been stressed and I feel more peaceful about moving. Here is a picture of our lot, and a LINK to the picture, floor plan and 3-D view of the house we have chosen.
On a totally unrelated and unnecessary side note, I always have a hard time coming up with titles of my blog posts. So I have decided to use movie and song titles, quotes, lyrics, etc. If you have any suggestions you would like me to use, that would be funny. I do want them to sort of relate to what the post is about so keep that in mind.
I know I have been a slacker lately with the blog, but it's volleyball season and I am pretty lazy once I get home from practice and games. I will try to do better. I am also going to try to post some of the delicious recipes I have discovered lately. I could probably do a whole blog about food, YUM. In fact, I will share one with you now. The Chunky Apple Cake! This is a good Fall recipe because it has apples in it. I do recommend making this for a large group because it is really good warm with the sauce, and the leftovers aren't quite the same. Here is the LINK to the recipe. Taste of Home is the best.

13 comments:

Sara Ann said...

"Guard your carnal treasure"

haha I love that movie too:) That house is amazing! I am so excited for you!!

Lacey said...

Love your new house plan! How fun will that be... and to be back in the city again? Yay! So excited for you guys and all the fun changes coming to your lives! :)

David and RaieGene Robison Family said...

How fun!! So how long for them to build your house? I love the house plans. I am so glad that you will be closer to things you had a long drive to get to stuff before! Best of luck! Keep us informed!

The Royal Family said...

congrats on the lot and house thats so very exciting! I love your recipes you share. thanks!
Brandy

Jill said...

Yay! That is such a great area.

me and you plus two said...

you know you are going to miss ajo! how could one not miss only one stop light and how everything only takes three minuetes to point A to point B. and How your business is everybody business! I just think you will cry yourself to sleep with how much you miss ajo. ;0)

Rodriguez Family said...

yeah! congrats on the house! I hope everything goes well!

Rodriguez Family said...

holy smokes the master bath looks AMAZING!

Shara said...

Wow! Who would have ever thought that Kathleen would get to have Brady family so close! We're excited for you -- hope everything goes well!

Nicola said...

RaieGene-the builder said to plan on four months. He thinks it will take less time, since it's slow right now, but he doesn't want to promise something he can't do.
Shara-I know, I am so excited to be close to the Bryces! Plus, it gives all the Brady's TWO reasons to come to Arizona.

hi de ho said...

Yahoo!!!!!!! I'm so excited to have you guys so close. it's been fun to have Josh for a couple of visits, too - missed you, Nicola. Anyway... remember to be cheerful at all times (wink, wink). You (and others) are so right - after how many years do I finally get to family close - truly amazing! Whoda thought.

Suzanne said...

Congrats on building a new home, Nicola! The plan looks great. I loved getting to build and plan our home. It was so much fun...except we only got .16 acres. Dustin will be SO jealous of all that land! ;)

Hmm...I'll have to think of clever post titles and get back with you on that!

Unknown said...

I love that movie!!!! My sister just moved from Safford to Maricopa. Good luck in the purchase and building- building is so much fun! yeah