Random, I know. That was the point. This post is all about the randomness. A few things: Our house is done, scroll down for more pics from the cell phone. We will hopefully sign the mortgage papers on Friday and move in. That's probably a good thing, because I think living by myself has adversely affected my emotional state.
Speaking of cell phones, I had an adult tantrum yesterday. I don't really want to get into the details, but it had something to do with unhelpful customer service people and my cell phone not being able to receive picture mail. The problem with adults having tantrums is they are allowed to use grown up things (like cars and guns and such). For a small moment yesterday, I understood the mind set behind people with "road rage" and the phrase "going postal". No worries, I did not ram my car through the Sprint store or stuff my cell phone down the rude man's throat. I just REALLY wanted to. Nor did I do any harm to anyone or anything. Just thought about it.....anyway. Instead I called my husband and through my hysterical sobbing/breathing, told him about my awful situation. (Which, as I'm sure all you sane people realize, is really not a big deal. I mean, I could still call people and receive and send texts.) To which he replied, "What is that noise? We must have a bad connection. Wait, is that your breathing? Oh...oh no....umm, are you okay?" He then tried to be reasonable with me. That worked super good. But no worries, nothing a little dinner with friends couldn't fix.
In other news, my father in law read something in the public log of the newspaper and insisted on my mother in law mailing it to me. I found it highly amusing. Not necessarily the content, but the fact that David wanted to send it to me so much that GayLynn actually did it. They are funny people. Here's what it said:
A Provo woman fell on a knife and accidentally stabbed herself in the abdomen Tuesday afternoon. According to the Provo Fire Department, the 45-year-old was coring an apple with a steak knife in her home. She had four dogs in the house, and she somehow tripped over a dog or one caused her to slip, and she fell on the knife, suffering a 3-inch wound.
She was taken to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo and had exploratory surgery to determine if there was any internal damage. She was conscious and alert when she arrived at the hospital.
So obviously, the woman is okay, but I guess I'm not the only one worried about me living alone. Also, I don't core apples with a steak knife, so I am probably okay. That fact that I found this amusing might also say something about my current emotional stability. I think I just want to live with my husband again. He somehow manages to make me less crazy....and yes, I know that sounds a little crazy.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm sorry I know I should laugh but that was the best random post :) I mean I totally understand your going postal and husbands do have a tendency to balance some of the crazies but I think I loved the police beat the best :) WHAT? ha ha your house is beautiful! Have fun moving in- good luck!
your title is hilarious!
so happy your house is done!
I start to go insane without my husband too!!
Here's to you and your sanity returning!!!
Love you tile in your new house! Gorgeous. Living apart from your best buddy has got to be the worst. Hopefully you'll be together again soon. Keep your chin up.
Oh, Nicola. I can totally sympathize with your adult tantrum, brought on by seriously stupid customer service people. I'm really glad dinner with friends helped fix things. And I'm really really glad that you'll be living with your husband again soon!
And seriously, your new house is SO PRETTY! I hope you get to move in SOON!
Okay so I laughed through out that whole post. I am sorry I didn't call you back on Saturday! We were in the temple and then we went to eat. I am sorry about the negative experience with the phone man. Also, your house looks lovely and I am so happy for you to move in!
you having a tantrum is something I seriously would pay money to see. Help make me feel more normal! I have some bad news though -your house isn't ready and you can't leave Ajo EVER.
1. wow, your house is BEAUTIFUL!
2. I hate Sprint customer service too
3. poor lady...
4. why would you want to live with your husband again? HA!
Post a Comment