Our refrigerator is always full of food. It makes it difficult to go shopping, because we think, "Gee, we can't buy this because there is no room in our fridge." Unfortunately, we can't eat the stuff in our fridge because it is all condiments.
In an effort to declutter our fridge, I made pancakes the other day just as an excuse to eat syrup. We still have half a bottle of strawberry syrup, two partially empty bottles of maple syrup, and one little bottle of pure maple syrup that I took home from the Cracker Barrel.
Luckily, I like mustard, so we're down to 5 bottles of 4 types of mustard. I also finished off a container of mayonnaise this week, meaning we only have 3 open containers left in the fridge.
Pickles are a problem because the containers are so large. We have a 62 oz jumbo bottle of bread and butter chips, a 46 oz jar of original dill whole pickles, a 24 oz jar of Zingers hot dill pickles, and 16 oz jars each of sweet whole pickles and sweet pickle relish.
Other condiments in our fridge include 4 types of hot sauce, one bottle of salsa, 5 different kinds of salad dressing (although nothing to make a salad out of), ketchup, A1, two types of BBQ sauce, 2 bottles of liquid smoke, lemon juice, lime juice, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, whipped topping in a can, butter, margarine, spread, and 3 types of preserves.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Our Refrigerator
Posted by Josh at 11:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Josh failed to mention the reason for this problem. Josh buys duplicates of most of these items because he doesn't want to take the time to check in the fridge to see if we already have it, which we usually do.
That is an impressively full fridge! If I had a fridge like that -- lots of condiments and not much real food -- I'd use it as an excuse to eat out all. the. time. :)
yum pickles:) That is my kind of fridge!
This is just ridiculous. I think you should definitley try to work on that Josh. Nicola! ARE YOU COMING TO THANKSGIVINGS?
Wow..... That sure is interesting! Haha!
well if you get rid of the oversized waterbottle you should have plenty of room.
The only thing your missing is soy sauce. And by the way Nicola josh wants me to buy some more condiments for your overly full fridge. Just a heads up. Have fun!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
for fun you should look up allrecipies.com and input a few of the contents of your fridge and see what recipies pop out
hmm... mayonaise, pickles, mustard, liquid smoke...
All i have to say is "HOLY CRAP". From DAVE
Back when I was in college at EA. Our fridge was like that becasue everyone (4 girls) had one or two of everything all past the date to be eaten by. So one night when I couldn't sleep..... I went through and trashed everything not bought within the last 3 weeks.... and no one noticed for 3 days... lol
Post a Comment